Enriching the curriculum and developing relationships through SMSC
- Location: Central London
- Date: 17 January 2018
- Time: 9.45 (refreshments from 9.30) - 3.45
Keynote speaker: Professor Dame Alison Peacock - CEO of the Chartered College of Teaching
Developing a ‘Rich and Deep Curriculum’
Followed by: Dr Rob Loe - Executive Director of Relational Schools, Cambridge.
'Values-Based Relational Strategy'
and John Rees - Educational Consultant
'The new National Curriculum requirement: Relationships Education and RSE'
Delegates will be introduced to the SMSC self-review tool that has been developed to help schools implement their vision and provide a means to review their pupils’ SMSC development. They will participate in workshops that will provide an opportunity for sharing practical approaches, suggestions and resources to develop and enrich SMSC learning within a variety of settings with the support of consultants who are experienced in the field.
Participants will have opportunities to:
- Reflect on the contribution of SMSC and British Values to learning and school improvement
- Consider how the curriculum can be enriched to prepare pupils for the modern world
- Reflect on how relationships can be developed through SMSC
- Clarify Ofsted expectations
- Share and discuss good practice
- Plan for improvements in their own school
All Participants will receive:
Free download of the National SMSC Quality Mark (value £49)
Early Bird Delegate (Ends 31 Dec)
Delegate (Normal Price)
Sullivan and Cromwell, 1 New Fetter Lane, Central London, EC4A 1AN