Lesson : Climate and Farming
This lesson looks at how different climates can affect farming across the world. Children are asked to consider the possible effects of global warming on food production.
Cross curricular links: Geography, IT, Art
- Looking at weather in certain countries and noting how agriculture is weather-dependent .
- Researching weather events in different countries that have appeared on the news and finding out whether charities have come to their aid
- Hot seating farmers. What aid would be needed and why
- Discussion: The effects of global warming
- Creating board games to show the plight of the farmer