Lesson : Taking Responsibility
This lesson is based around the clever traditional poem about four children named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. It introduces children to the idea of taking responsibility in the context of tidying up toys after they’ve been playing with them!
Cross-curricular links: literacy; drama
- Role play around making excuses. Role play cards included
- Discussing and writing the responsibilities they feel towards different groups (eg. themselves; their family; the whole country)
- Celebrating children’s acts of kindness
- Making pledges on ‘Helping Hands’ coupons. Template included
- Read, discuss and illustrate the poem ‘Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody'.