Lesson : Resilience: Bouncing Back
A lesson to help children develop resilience and consider how to respond to challenges in a positive way. The Go-Givers characters share their experiences of difficult situations and how they ‘bounced back’.
Cross-curricular links: literacy
- Discussing how we can think of our problems as lessons to learn from
- Making a list of effort statements
- Drawing cartoons to illustrate the difference between the optimist and the pessimist
- A physical activity to help children to reflect upon and change the direction of their thinking
- Completing sheet ‘Can We Fix it?’, listing problems and suggesting solutions
- Making a whole class poem reflecting your positive solution-focussed thinking!