Lesson : Olympic Games Now and Then
This lesson looks at the origins of the Olympic Games, and how they have changed.
Cross-curricular links: history, geography, art and design
- Considering historical evidence of the Ancient Olympic Games
- Designing country ‘fact sheets’ for counties competing in London 2012
- Exploring the Olympic Value of friendship
- Designing Olympic mascots
- Investigating all the different Olympic sports
"This is an excellent resource - great starting point for all sorts of Olympic related activities. Thank you very much. I will be using in KS1 but will recommend it to KS2 as well. Gold medal to the creator!"
"Brilliant, with just enough information for KS1. Thanks."