Lesson : Generosity: To Give is to Receive
This lesson considers the value of money, the importance of generosity and sharing with others. The lesson is based around a Japanese folk tale, in which a small act of generosity is eventually rewarded with big gains.
Cross-curricular links: maths (money) and financial awareness
- Discussing whether generosity deserves to be rewarded
- Discussing what the children would do with a lottery win: considering their needs, wants and wishes
- Considering the value of money
- Discussing the 3 S’s: spending, sharing and saving.
- Recording ideas of how to be generous to others without spending any money