Lesson : Caring for Pets
This lesson is based around a simple story exploring our responsibility to provide proper care for our pets.
Cross-curricular links: spoken language, data-handling
- Class pet survey, creating a bar chart to record the pets kept by families of children in the class
- Children match pictures portraying needs that humans and pets share. Which pet needs do the children have responsibility for?
- Looking at how we should treat our pets
- Looking at the everyday objects around the home that could be dangerous to pets
- Role play to develop empathy. Discussing ways in which pets can be good or bad neighbours