Lesson : Diversity: Identities
This lesson explores the wide range of cultural influences that have shaped the heritage of people living in Britain today. It asks children to think about their own identities and the different groups they belong to using a poem to encourage curiosity about similarities and differences. Suitable for all KS2.
Cross-curricular links: history, geography, literacy, art
- Making Chinese red envelopes
- Creating geometric Kente cloth designs and Islamic patterns
- Researching places of pilgrimage
- Creating a class recipe book to reflect different cultural influences
- Exploring the concept of prejudice