Lesson : Christmas with the Go-Givers
This lesson is based around a story, involving the Go-Givers characters, that explores the nature of giving. When everyone decides to give Callum a present for Christmas, they get an unexpected surprise! The story shows the value of humour in achieving perspective, and how thoughtful gifts can be better than expensive ones.
Cross-curricular links: literacy, maths
- Discussing our most valuable non-material gifts. Children make a Wish/Prayer Tree
- Discussing what makes us laugh
- Writing a story in which an unfortunate circumstance is turned into a funny situation
- Writing a Christmas gift list
- Calculating costs and talking about how to make savings