How to Use this Site
- Every Go-Givers module is highly adaptable.
- Each has been planned as a complete lesson, but could be used for an assembly.
- Materials allocated to Key Stage 1 may be deemed relevant for study at Key Stage 2.
- Most lessons contain a range of learning activities, and provide the possibility of a single lesson continuing over several teaching lessons, or indeed a series of lessons extending over half a term or term period.
- The learning materials have been designed to cater for the needs of children of all abilities and learning styles. They are humorous, visual and concise.
- The key learning points are expressed with precision, and are often consolidated through homework, quizzes and crosswords etc.
- The lessons provide a myriad of opportunities for the development of critical thinking and debating skills, whilst introducing the children to complex and sometimes controversial issues, and new vocabulary.
- You will need Acrobat Reader (link at the bottom of every web page) to access the Lesson Plans, and some other documents.
Interactive Whiteboard Activities
Online tools to aid critical thinking:
Mind-mapping application, manipulative World Viewers, Consequences and many more web tools are available in the Interactive Whiteboard Activities feature.
- Many of the learning activities on this site are designed for use on the interactive whiteboard.
- PPT presentations must be saved to enable editing, however links will only work when the computer is connected to the internet.
- Please note that a green dot will appear in the bottom right hand corner of every slide to indicate when any animation has run its course.
- Some presentations include text boxes into which children's suggestions may be typed directly (when using a whiteboard) for modelling purposes. These slides may also serve as planning sheets or aids for the children when downloaded and printed.